If you own a boat in Naples, FL, you must have heard about boat insurance. But do you know what boat insurance covers? Are you asking whether it’s mandatory in Florida? Indeed, a flurry of questions can run through your mind regarding boat insurance, but Pro America Insurance is here to help you understand boat insurance better.
Boat insurance isn’t legally required in Florida
Yes, no law requires you to carry boat insurance in Florida. However, if your boat is financed through a loan, your lender may require you to purchase boat insurance to protect their financial interest.
You need boat insurance throughout the year
Yes, you don’t use your boat throughout the year, but you may need to carry boat insurance all year round. Here are the reasons you need boat insurance all-year-long:
- Your lender requires you to have boat insurance throughout
- Risks don’t have an off-season
- Risks exist outside the water, too
While you may try to make a saving by canceling your boat insurance when not using your boat, it could be your worst nightmare when disaster strikes.
Home insurance gives you limited protection
While it’s true home insurance protects your boat, the coverage is only applicable when your boat is within your property. Additionally, the coverage is significantly low compared to what you would get with boat insurance.
There are several boat insurance coverages to consider
Just like your auto or home insurance, boat insurance comes with various options. Some options to consider include:
- Comprehensive coverage for non-collision perils
- Collision coverage to pay for damages from accidents/collisions
- Liability coverages to cover property damage and bodily injury to third parties
- Medical payments coverage to pay for medical expenses for injuries sustained in a boating incident
Would you like to buy boat insurance in Naples, FL? Please contact Pro America Insurance for a competitive quote.